Re: rman duplicate with no target connection fails with RMAN-06024: no backup or copy of the control file found to restore after resetlogs

From: Leng <lkaing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 03:43:44 +1100

Hi Andrea,

The fact that you said ‘ DUPLICATE fails as long as I am not connected to the target database‘ leads me to think that you need to ‘set dbid’ for a targetless duplicate. Or did I miss that somewhere in your output?

Secondly try a restore preview vs targetless duplicate with the same scn. The duplicate script generates an scn from your time.

Run {
Set until scn x;
Restore controlfile preview;
}

Finally turn ‘debug on’ to see what it’s doing behind the scene for a target vs targetless duplicate.

Cheers,
Leng