Re: Scheduler question

From: Wenping Bo <wbo1_at_swarthmore.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 12:28:29 -0500

Has anybody configured email notifications successfully in DBMS_SCHEDULER? I have one job that got stuck for no apparent reason, I configured an email notification when the job run exceeds 30 mins (the job itself usually finishes run in less than 5 mins), but I haven't got a notification even if it exceeds a day. When I find out, I have to force stop the job, then the scheduler kicks off the next job on time (the job runs every ten minutes on schedule). I did get a notification for the stopped job, but that is too late. It will be nice if the scheduler can detect the hanging job, to put an end to it is even better.

Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Wenping

--
Systems Analyst