Re: rman duplicate with no target connection fails with RMAN-06024: no backup or copy of the control file found to restore after resetlogs

From: Andrea Monti <ilsuonogiallo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 09:54:59 +0100

Hi,
I double-checked following documents:

Bug 14215868 : BACKUP DATABASE PLUS ARCHIVELOG WITH AUTOBACKUP IS NOT SUFFICIENT TO DUPLICATE
RMAN duplicate errors with RMAN-6026 RMAN-6024 no backup of controlfile (Doc ID 1348071.1)
Bug 14054568 - RMAN DUPLICATE fails with RMAN-6054 (Doc ID 14054568.8) Perform Backup Based RMAN DUPLICATE Without Connecting To Target Database For Both Disk & Tape Backups (Doc ID 1375864.1) RMAN 11GR2 : DUPLICATE Without Target And Recovery Catalog Connection (Doc ID 874352.1)

but none apply. The problem comes up only when duplicating from backups a db with several incarnations without connecting to target. The same strategy works fine if I connect to the target (source) database or if the target (source) database only has 1 incarnation Regards,
Andrea