Re: Streams for one-time single source replication

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 14:36:36 -0600

Well, that definitely complicates things...

The standby idea would be an all or nothing. I was thinking about SQL Apply but again you wouldn't have the ability to narrow it down to specific schemas IIRC.

So, uhm, good luck? ;)

How big are these schemas? I imagine we're talking about a lot of data for each? If not, and I say this hesitantly, you could create a schema of views on the new AIX 7.1 database pointed back to your original database on AIX 5.x and run MERGE commands on the new database to merge the changes until cutover. I'd only consider that for fairly small schemas though.

Other than that, it sounds like a streams approach might be your only option.

So, every schema in the existing AIX 5.x 11.x database is not moving over to your new AIX 7 box? I'm curious why only some schemas would be moved I guess...

Chris

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com