Re: Multiplex online redologs in a Dataguard environment.

From: Nassyam Basha <nassyambasha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:46:36 +0530

Zabair,
Why you want to rebuild the standby database, when you changing redo log group members?

Even if you are using Real-Time apply, You only have to take care of Redo log file size and number of groups. You can have 2 members in primary and of course you can have only one member for standby redo log files.

If you multiplexed Standby Redo Log files, Oracle doesn't recommends it, Because it has to work on two multiple stanbdy redo log members. You can refer for more information here for more information " http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10803/config_dg.htm#CEGJHEGH "

Thanks & Regards,
Nassyam Basha

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM, Zabair Ahmed <roon987_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> So the only way forward for me in the current situation is to multiplex
> the online redologs and rebuild the standby? This will get over the problem
> of a single point of failure on the redo logs!
> I am running in real time apply.
>
> Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Thanks & Regards,
Nassyam Basha.