Re: Noarchivelog 11.2.0.1 Restart

From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:11:32 +0800

I would suspect that the issue is at the OS level. 1 The filesystem has been remounted as ReadOnly. 2 The files are not owned by "oracle' (e.g. are owned by "root"). 3 Write permissions on the datafiles have been revoked.

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com
sent from my smartphone

On Jan 24, 2011 3:24 AM, "Ed Long" <rdhm99a_at_prodigy.net> wrote:

I cannot explain this feature and is part of why I reached out to this group.
As noted previously, the restore works just fine including the table space that won't come online which suggests that the error is software not hardware.
I spent a couple of hours on Friday reading the fine manual and it states pretty clearly that one has to be able to do a recover after a noarchivelog level 0 restore even if there are no logs required. To me, this is nonsensical as a clean level 0 backup should be good enough as one respondent noted.
I will have to chat up Oracle support to get any further. Packers and Jets!
Thank you all for the assist.
Edward Long

From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale_at_gmail.com>

Date: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 12:09 PM