ASM over SLVM

From: Naqi Mirza <naqimirza_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:25:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
About to do:
2 Node RAC 10GR2 {10.2.0.2} on HP-UX (Serviceguard extensions for RAC will also be used) using ASM for database storage.
I was wondering whether anyone has configured asm over slvm? The rac configs that I have been involved in have either had a cluster filesystem in place or shared raw partitions. I am not too familiar with slvm, so was wondering how it works with asm. My assumption is this. If i have 10 disks that will be used as member disks for a diskgroup. Each physical disk will be configured as a separate logical volume. These logical volumes will be represented by perhaps Disk1....Disk10 - these logical volumes will then in turn serve as member disks for asm. Does this sound correct?
Thanks

Naqi

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html