Re: FW: Forms 4.5 running a PL/SQL procedure - how to show progress

From: Pratap Singh <singhp_at_BACTC.COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 09:49:45 PST

At 06:52 PM 2/2/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, that is a problem. It depends on the trigger. If the trigger has
>many parts then you can update your progress bar using lines of
>code inserted in your trigger. However, if you have a delay from
>a long query, I know of no way to know how close you are to finishing
>a query.

>Paul Dorsey
>Dulcian Inc.

Hi

Only way which I found useful is to approximate the number of rows using a simplified logic and then keep comparing with a counter. Of course works in PL/SQL only.

Pratap
singhp_at_bactc.com

Pratap Singh

Email: singhp_at_bactc.com
Voice: 415-827-5868
Fax: 415-266-6324

No ideas for today. Maybe today is such a day.