Re: Does the phrase " Russell's paradox " should be replaced with another phrase?

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 01:41:27 -0800 (PST)

Here are some additional explanations regarding this post.

Notice that there is no concept, so that none of the objects can satisfy this concept. And this means, that we cannot identify an object which satisfy this concept. Notice that only objects which are identified by subject can satisfy the corresponding concept. In other words, the unidentified objects can not satisfy the subject's concept.

So, before one checks whether a particular object satisfies certain concept, he needs to identify the object. In another words, only "known" objects can satisfy certain concept. Therefore, Russell's paradox makes no sense, because there is no object that satisfies a concept that is defined by Russell. In other words, no one can identify an object that satisfies Russell's concept. So B. Russell was overlooked the identification of objects (individuals). But the identification of an object is the simplest way of the introducing the object.

In my paper “Database design and data model founded on concept and knowledge constructs”, at http://www.dbdesign11.com section 5.3 ” I introduced the following definition: 5.3 Definition of Concept
A concept is a construct which determines one or both of the following:
(i) A plurality of things in which all the things satisfy the concept;
(ii) A particular thing from the plurality determined by (i).

In order to identify an entity we use the following procedures: Procedure1: Identifying the plurality.
Procedure2: Identifying individuals.

Procedure2 is not effective without Procedure1. Note that Procedure1 is related to the concepts, because concepts define extension (plurality), while Procedure2 is related to “identification” of objects.

There is a special case "learning about an entity", see my paper “Semantic databases and semantic machines”, section 5.12 at http://www.dbdesign11.com . Here, I presented process of learning about an entity as the database structure.

When we talk about abstract objects, we can notice that people are starting to identify the natural numbers at the age of three or four years. However, mathematicians gain knowledge about the real numbers, throughout their lives.

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Sat Dec 22 2012 - 10:41:27 CET

Original text of this message