Re: Object-oriented thinking in SQL context?

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:41:32 -0700

Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 10, 11:34 am, jaygarri..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>> On Jun 10, 9:55 am, Gene Wirchenko <ge..._at_ocis.net> wrote:
>>
>> >If you had to pick one, which would you pick words of wisdom or
>> >agreeableness?
>>
>> That's a false and self-serving dichotomy.
>
>He presented it as a hypothetical, not a dichotomy. Since
>it's not a dichotomy, it can't be a false dichotomy.

     Marshall called it right.

     If I am looking for technical answers, my choice is the words of wisdom. Agreeableness does nothing for me until I have some answers. Only then does the priority shift towards agreeableness. First, I get an answer, then I worry about it being polite.

     I would love to have both, but I know which is the more important.

[snipped rest of Marshall's lovely post]

     A well- and politely-stated argument. The literary critcism was a fun touch.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.