Re: general design issue

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:48:38 GMT

skink wrote:
> my only suspicion is that OS i'm using (google android) puts
> additional layer (i use java iface) in order to access sqlite.
> maybe its implementation is somehow done not right way...
>
> thanks again

Then the only suggestion I can think of is to use 'explain' and 'explain query plan' on some other table. Keep trying different queries until you get one that indicates something like "TABLE words WITH INDEX sqlite_autoindex_words_1" to show that an index was used. Then carefully compare that table's definition with the one that is giving you trouble, try to eliminate any differences even if they seem cosmetic, as you eliminate each difference, run explain query plan again. My guess is that you will locate one or more differences that are crucial.

In other words, confirm that your platform will use an index sometimes.   If it never does, it's a packaging problem. If it sometimes does, then you know whatever version of sqlite you've got should be capable of optimizing the query. Received on Fri Apr 24 2009 - 18:48:38 CEST

Original text of this message