Re: general design issue

From: skink <pskink_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:35:57 -0700 (PDT)

On 24 Kwi, 17:49, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:

> Here are my results, using statements that might be closer to what you want:
>
> select distinct substr(key,5,1) from words where key GLOB 'inte*'   had
> an ET of 9
>
> returned the letters g,l,m,n,r,s
>
> whereas
>
> select distinct substr(key,5,1) from words where key like 'inte%'  had
> an ET of 314
>
> So, about a 30:1 difference between LIKE and GLOB.
>
> BTW, this list has 331 words that start with the sequence 'inte'.

paul,

many thanks for your effort in making some tests!

i'm surprized why i didnt have any difference when using LIKE vs GLOB

my only suspicion is that OS i'm using (google android) puts additional layer (i use java iface) in order to access sqlite. maybe its implementation is somehow done not right way...

thanks again Received on Fri Apr 24 2009 - 18:35:57 CEST

Original text of this message