Re: general design issue

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:56:39 GMT

skink wrote:
> On 24 Kwi, 18:05, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:

>>  If skirk is
>> using an embedded device, probably my cpu is faster, I think it is an
>> Intel Atom somewhere around 1.6GHz.
>>

> well it would be great if it was 1.6GHz.
>
> in my original post by mistake i said 'embedded'.
>
> in fact it's android OS with ARM CPU around 500/500 MHz
>
> what is worse, android uses java API which adds additional layer to
> access to sqlite

Well, that's interesting. I once worked on a multi-platform product where the roll-out team couldn't get a clean build for some platform or other, so they changed a couple of "ifdef's" to force it to work, never telling the developers. The only customer with that platform had big functionality problems and later paid some big money to track down why.   Still, I'd try to confirm that you get index optimizations at least some of the time, then there's a chance that you have a user problem, not a platform problem. Otherwise, maybe there's some kind of version mismatch in your build. Received on Fri Apr 24 2009 - 18:56:39 CEST

Original text of this message