Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:57:36 -0600

On 2008-03-03 12:08:39 -0600, "Roy Hann" <specially_at_processed.almost.meat> said:

> However I notice that I am surrounded by programmers who consume most
> the development budget writing code, and when a change request comes along I
> can accommodate it in the database in minutes and they spend months spewing
> out more code (sometimes after doing an extensive and expensive impact
> assessment). Code may not be evil, but it sure has a case to answer.

Silly developers and DBAs always have a case to answer. Their tools are innocent.

BTW, "minutes"? "weeks"? Why didn't you make the change in "minutes" and demonstrate it while everybody else was still working on the impact analysis?

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com