Re: Separate PK in Jxn Tbl?

From: Tony Toews [MVP] <ttoews_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 03:05:54 GMT

Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote:

>Therein lies its criminality <g> - it screams encouragement for dabblers
>and barely offers anything for artisans except stupendous numbers of
>mouse clicks!

OTOH do you want them using Excel for data management? Single user?

A friend was telling me of a huge Excel file with many workbooks where data normalizing meant going through the cells looking for occurances of similar names and ensuring they all had the same name.

And, of course, Excel is single user as far as I know.

>Take for instance the number of versions it took before separating the
>data from the "code" was a core feature by way of the provision of a
>menu option to reattach a data .mdb!

A97 has the wizard. I don't recall about previous versions.

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.