Re: Separate PK in Jxn Tbl?

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:08:02 GMT

Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:
> Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote:
>

>> Therein lies its criminality <g> - it screams encouragement for dabblers
>> and barely offers anything for artisans except stupendous numbers of
>> mouse clicks!

> OTOH do you want them using Excel for data management? Single user?

Urrk - where is my garlic smeared wooden stake?

[..]

> And, of course, Excel is single user as far as I know.

But for how much longer? Don't get me wrong as I spend nigh on 80% of my day "in" Excel - but only as a tool in financial markets - not as a repository!

>> Take for instance the number of versions it took before separating the
>> data from the "code" was a core feature by way of the provision of a
>> menu option to reattach a data .mdb!

> A97 has the wizard. I don't recall about previous versions.

FWICR 1.0 had nothing, 1.1 you could get at the "object" using AB on a sleight of hand styled bending of a path+file attribute as I recall. Then came the wizard but if you were distributing code .mdb's out to remote sites you still need to AB it so you could make it part of your own app. Of course the dabbler doesn't contemplate such when making promises about future glory for all.

Cheers, Frank. Received on Thu Jan 31 2008 - 22:08:02 CET

Original text of this message