Re: NULLs

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 12:29:07 -0000

"David Cressey" <cressey73_at_verizon.net> wrote in message news:VwKfj.321$vX6.267_at_trndny05...

> I disagree. A null doesn't indicate that information exists. There is
> always the "not applicable" case

Which, I believe, is almost invariably the reason that nullable attributes get introduced in real databases. I continue to be baffled at this preoccupation with flagging information that must exist but isn't known. Discuss it if you must (I absolutely don't care about it), but don't ignore the more common problem.

Roy Received on Sat Jan 05 2008 - 13:29:07 CET

Original text of this message