Re: Circular relationship problem

From: Arash <arashbi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:29:29 -0000

On Oct 30, 5:06 pm, mAsterdam <mAster..._at_vrijdag.org> wrote:
> Arash wrote:
> > I know it is an old issue and probably boring but please cope with
> > me , it is a real world problem I am facing and I don't really like
> > circular relationship.
>
> Why not? Is there something inherently wrong with that?

Well in this case for example, there is two path to determine the "test" for a answer ( query by using the response and query by using the question), and there is not guaranty that both would be the same

> > First table is Test, each test has many questions. On the other hand
> > each test has many Responses. So far so fine, but here is the problem:
> > I have another table for the answers: Each question has many answers
> > AND each Response also has many answers .
>
> > So there is s circular relationship between these tables which is
> > bizarre. Could you give me some hints to solve it?
>
> What is the meaning and use of your data?
>
> Can you give a realistic population sample?

It would be like:
test: id=1 name="Mathematic test",  questions id=1 description= "1+1", test_id=1

                id=2,description ="2+2" , test_id=1
Response: id=1, username: "Adams"  test_id =1
Answer:     id=1, question_id=1, response_id=1, answer_text="2"
                 id=2, question_id=2, response_id=1, answer_text="4"