Re: Career questions: databases

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 00:12:12 -0700

David Cressey wrote:
> "dreamznatcher" <> wrote in message
> On Jul 2, 1:51 am, "Neil" <> wrote:

>> I'm really perplexed here. I never on heaven or earth could have ever
>> imagined a single word I used could have spawned all this...

> Most of this is due to the rantings of DA Morgan, and to responses to them.
> Morgan seems to have proposed a standard of proficiency that involves
> addressing an audience of 200 of one's peers, taking questions on the fly,
> and using SQL-Plus to express the answers.
> There's a simple explanation for this: he's trying to "out alpha" another
> regular. If you'll look at the history of his contributions, you'll
> understand.

Not another regular ... or I'd agree with you and would never have written what I did.

The word proficiency has a dictionary definition. That is what the word means. If you wish to redefine it take it up with Daniel Webster not Daniel Morgan. <g>

Enough of this thead. Last word is yours if you wish it.

Daniel A. Morgan
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group