Re: Career questions: databases

From: David Cressey <>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 07:02:28 GMT

"dreamznatcher" <> wrote in message On Jul 2, 1:51 am, "Neil" <> wrote:

> I'm really perplexed here. I never on heaven or earth could have ever
> imagined a single word I used could have spawned all this...

Most of this is due to the rantings of DA Morgan, and to responses to them. Morgan seems to have proposed a standard of proficiency that involves addressing an audience of 200 of one's peers, taking questions on the fly, and using SQL-Plus to express the answers.

There's a simple explanation for this: he's trying to "out alpha" another regular. If you'll look at the history of his contributions, you'll understand. Received on Mon Jul 02 2007 - 09:02:28 CEST

Original text of this message