Re: Newbie question on table design.

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 00:17:04 -0300

paul c wrote:

> Bob Badour wrote:

>>> oops, might have been CAD 50,000, can't remember for sure, but that
>>> was still a lot of dough when a CAD was worth more than a USD.
>>
>> In 1969, my parents bought a nice middle-class 3 bedroom home on a
>> nice deep lot for about CAD 20,000. If I recall correctly, gasoline
>> was about 29 cents per gallon. (And those were british gallons.)

> if you were on the east coast then you were better off as it was 39
> cents in upper canuckistan then (never changed from early sixties until
> Nixon devalued gold in early seventies). i called those gallons
> Imperial and still do.

I wrote imperial and changed it to british because I wasn't sure whether folks would understand the term.

> Canucks still obsessed with Nixon, no idea why, whereas still don't
> understand people worship Trudeau's memory, he accelerated the
> admittedly inevitable running of the country into the ground. That was
> when a buck was a buck, men were men and so were the women. Sorry,
> off-topic again!

Trudeau did a heck of a lot more harm than good. In fact, I am not sure he did any good at all. I find his son entering politics kinda bewildering.

> OTOH, much has imroved when it comes to db, good for Codd even if some
> of his lingo reflects the opposition he faced.

True, and we have lots more room for improvement yet. Received on Fri May 04 2007 - 05:17:04 CEST

Original text of this message