Re: Newbie question on table design.

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 01:02:38 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> paul c wrote:

>>> capacity something like 400 MB in 1969, considered gigantic at the
>>> time, half-second access time, cost about CAD 250,000.  ...
>>

>> oops, might have been CAD 50,000, can't remember for sure, but that
>> was still a lot of dough when a CAD was worth more than a USD.

> In 1969, my parents bought a nice middle-class 3 bedroom home on a nice
> deep lot for about CAD 20,000. If I recall correctly, gasoline was about
> 29 cents per gallon. (And those were british gallons.)

if you were on the east coast then you were better off as it was 39 cents in upper canuckistan then (never changed from early sixties until Nixon devalued gold in early seventies). i called those gallons Imperial and still do.

Canucks still obsessed with Nixon, no idea why, whereas still don't understand people worship Trudeau's memory, he accelerated the admittedly inevitable running of the country into the ground. That was when a buck was a buck, men were men and so were the women. Sorry, off-topic again!

OTOH, much has imroved when it comes to db, good for Codd even if some of his lingo reflects the opposition he faced.

p Received on Fri May 04 2007 - 03:02:38 CEST

Original text of this message