Re: A new proof of the superiority of set oriented approaches: numerical/time serie linear interpolation

From: Brian Selzer <brian_at_selzer-software.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 19:04:00 GMT

"Cimode" <cimode_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178211370.791765.118760_at_l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
> On 3 mai, 18:45, "David Cressey" <cresse..._at_verizon.net> wrote:
>> "Bob Badour" <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> [Snipped]
>> Maybe I cut him too much slack. If the past is any guide, optimizers
>> will
>> get better, and Brian won't. It's instructive that Both Cimode and Kevin
>> provide actual data, while Brian merely states his claim.
> For my defense, I am trying to trigge questions here. It would be
> illusional ton my part to hope to get definite answers.
>
>> But even if he wins this particular race, he will not convince me that
>> cursors are the way to go. I've seen too much evidence to the contrary.
> You will soon realize that Brian mainly tries to convince himself.
> Getting out of procedural mindset is nothing but *natural* instinct.

Could you please elaborate? I don't need convincing. Sometimes I dip into waters that a bit too deep and end up chewing on my foot, but when I know I'm right, I don't need convincing, and I certainly don't try to convince myself.

Is it a crime to be flexible enough to attack a problem from more than one angle?