Re: Newsgroup Signal to Noise Ratio

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 12:55:00 GMT

Frank Hamersley wrote:
> David Cressey wrote:
>

>> Bob mentioned that the signal to noise ratio in this newsgroup is
>> improving.
>> I share that perception.

> This true IMO ... however I am getting slightly cheesed off by long
> multi threaded posts - not that I was previously blameless.
>
> Whilst I am a confirmed "bottom poster" I hanker for 1 quote + 1
> response in 30 or so lines max.
>
> Yeah yeah - its very 21st century (gnats attention span) even though I
> am notionally a boomer but I like the fast aquisition by leaning on the
> downarrow rather than having to page down to find the meat 'n potatoes.
>
> Cheers, Frank.

I suspect gnats are more observant than humans - they need to be in order to survive.

I'd like to highlight an OP sentence, then press a key for my reply and have other keys to "unstack" fragments of a thread and never scroll at all. I don't think html quite grasped that possibility.

p Received on Thu May 03 2007 - 14:55:00 CEST

Original text of this message