Re: Newsgroup Signal to Noise Ratio

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 15:56:27 GMT

paul c wrote:
> Frank Hamersley wrote:

>> This true IMO ... however I am getting slightly cheesed off by long
>> multi threaded posts - not that I was previously blameless.
>>
>> Whilst I am a confirmed "bottom poster" I hanker for 1 quote + 1
>> response in 30 or so lines max.
>>

> I'd like to highlight an OP sentence, then press a key for my reply and
> have other keys to "unstack" fragments of a thread and never scroll at
> all. I don't think html quite grasped that possibility.

I have imagined a wildly intelligent news reader that would "collapse" aka the threading we see in TB at the post level - but within the post itself - with an intuitive wave of the mouse or keys would blow out the quote to give a latecomer the context if needed.

Cheers Frank. Received on Thu May 03 2007 - 17:56:27 CEST

Original text of this message