Re: A new proof of the superiority of set oriented approaches: numerical/time serie linear interpolation

From: -CELKO- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1 May 2007 12:44:45 -0700

>> Do you believe that linear numeric/datetime interpolation could represent some way of handling missing data ? <<

Might want to look at this book and read the parts on non-linear models.

Interpolation: Second Edition by J. F. Steffensen ISBN10: 0-486-45009-0
Page Count: 256
In the mathematical subfield of numerical analysis, interpolation is a procedure that assists in "reading between the lines" in a set of tables by constructing new data points from existing points. This rigorous presentation includes such topics as displacement symbols and differences, divided differences, formulas of interpolation, much more. 1950 edition.

Dover Publications also has some good books on finite differences. I showed a simple example of Linear Interpolation in the last edition of SQL FOR SMARTIES Received on Tue May 01 2007 - 21:44:45 CEST

Original text of this message