Re: Table/Attribute Modeling

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2007 07:36:05 -0800

On Mar 10, 6:23 am, "Walt" <wami..._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> "Marshall" <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > I was interviewing a guy today, and he had obviously
> > been formally schooled in ERM. Every time I run in to
> > that I feel vaguely left out. I don't have a methodology
> > with a cool name that I use. How am I supposed to
> > impress the babes and wow my boss without an
> > important name for what I do? Waaah!
>
> OK, this must be satire.
>
> But what are you satirizing?

I think it's captured by my first paragraph, quoted above. I have no actual complaints about ERM. Rather, I am commenting on my own reaction to such a simple thing as an unfamiliar TLA. Even though I completely know better, I nonetheless find myself being somewhat daunted.

Dijkstra wrote about everything; turns out he wrote about feeling of inferiority as well. EWD611

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/transcriptions/EWD06xx/EWD611.html

> I'd like to discuss ERM seriously, but I don't want to spoil the fun.

Well, don't let me stop you! Although I have nothing to contribute to the topic except my sense of inferiority.

Marshall Received on Sat Mar 10 2007 - 16:36:05 CET

Original text of this message