Re: Objects and Relations

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:38:05 GMT

Lemming wrote:
> Yeah, so it would seem. I dunno, maybe I'm not clever enough for this
> group, but I've never found religious wars particularly productive
> (fun though they might be for the participants).

The field is over-populated with sham artists and lazy nincompoops. The trouble is that a handful of them here believe that loudness and repetition are the only ways to make their points. They are a public nuisance but there's no law against that in a newsgroup. Bob B gave insults back in kind to one of them who then went away for some months making the group much more efficient. I thought the insults in that case were fair even if some might call them inflammatory. So he performed a public service. I'm sure if he went overboard and criticized somebody who was honestly making an effort to understand, I know there are others here who would come to the defence.

Pretty much an amateur myself and often lazy and often a nincompoop and sometimes both at once. Still in my better moments, if I'm clever enough to follow some of the valid topics if not all of the valid ones as well as to see that most of the posts aren't validly to do with the group's name, then I think anybody who can read carefully and question his own positions is clever enough.

p Received on Sat Feb 24 2007 - 17:38:05 CST