Re: Objects and Relations

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:27:33 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> As a devout lifelong atheist, I feel I have to step up and defend my
> irrationality here. Atheism is at least as irrational as any other
> religion or superstition. Some argue it is the least rational of
> religions because it doesn't offer the emotional crutch of promised
> salvation, ritual or social interaction.
>
> True objectivity demands agnosticism in the absense of empirical evidence.

Alright, if you want to, go ahead and call me an atheist of the CWA flavour. The supernatural can exist in the logical complement of my narrow-minded db but I constrain my positive facts so the fanatics can't muck them up.

> Are you suggesting perhaps we could benefit from accepting what we
> cannot change?

We must accept the presence of phoney mystics here and elsewhere and even that they seem to think volume equals validity or loudness trumps relevance. All I was trying to say was that I don't see how you can shout the bloody eejits down at this distance, just recognize that a little more discipline by the handful of smarter people here might increase their own rate of progress, after all, you are out-numbered. It just bugs me when the Marshalls and Jogs and others here who I learn from allow themselves to get drawn into these unprovable metaphysics.

p Received on Sun Feb 18 2007 - 17:27:33 CET

Original text of this message