Re: Ideas for World Hierarchy Example

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2007 18:25:40 -0800

On Jan 14, 6:14 pm, "Neo" <neo55..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> > (Would the Earth's Moon qualify? Astronomically speaking, the Earth-Moon system is
> > more a double planet than a primary / satellite system.)
> Considering it's mass is 0.012 that of the Earth, it doesn't meet my
> threshold, but I am no inter-galactic expert. What I will do is add the
> moon's mass, thus allowing applications to make its own decision.
> Earth's mass and circumference is already there.

Two orders of magnitude isn't necessarily that big a difference, astronomically. The sun, compared to the median-massed of its immediate satellites, is six orders of magnitude different.

> > > US States & Nicknames (50)
>
> > What about Territories and Protectorates, like the Marshall Islands, U.S.
> > Virgin Islands, Guam and Puerto Rico?
> Ok, I'll add the ones listed above.

Oh, yeah. You *gotta* do the Marshall Islands.

Marshall Received on Mon Jan 15 2007 - 03:25:40 CET

Original text of this message