Re: Generalised approach to storing address details

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2006 17:19:29 -0800

> Debate was about EAV and the idea of storing several type of
> information in the same tables. I have provided an example about it .
> Bringing hierarchies does not add or substract anything to the debate.

EAVs and hierarchies share the same characteristics in that neither follows IP. This is why RM can't manage either very well. If you feel it does, please replicated the recent example in thread titled "Bi-Directional Transitive Closure (with dbd)". Received on Mon Dec 11 2006 - 02:19:29 CET

Original text of this message