Re: Generalised approach to storing address details

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2006 14:42:01 -0800

Neo a écrit :

> > Information Principle implies that all kind of entities represented in
> > the database are relvars and nothing but relvars....relvar require 2VL...
>
> So according to your understanding, are the following tables complying
> with IP? Or are they breaking the cardinality relationship between
> predicates and relations.
>
> T_Hierarchy
> Parent Child
> john jim
>
> T _Person
> Name Age Weight
> john 28 yr 180 lbs
>
> And how would you store the infomation that "john likes mary" while
> complying with IP and still be able to retrieve 1) who likes mary 2)
> what does john like 3) john does what to mary.
Debate was about EAV and the idea of storing several type of information in the same tables. I have provided an example about it . Bringing hierarchies does not add or substract anything to the debate. The example provided refers specifically to hierarchies and the way they can be represented in RM. Now about the idea of *who likes mary*, it seems off topic to me. Received on Sun Dec 10 2006 - 23:42:01 CET

Original text of this message