Re: FoxPro vs. SQL

From: Mike C# <>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 01:43:04 -0500

"Alex S" <> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
> My company uses a FoxPro database right now as an interface

"FoxPro versus SQL Server".

Microsoft's recommendation is #1: ("FoxPro is a developer tool, SQL Server is a database engine").

You might also try Googling "Migrating FoxPro to SQL Server", "FoxPro SQL Server Security", etc. Here's another link about "Building VFP Apps for SQL Server":

I'm no VFP developer, but apparently the two don't have to be mutually exclusive. In fact MS seems to recommend using SQL Server as a back-end for VFP, because SQL Server provides "security, reliability, replication, and many other features of a full relational database engine" while VFP "does not have many of those features." Received on Wed Nov 01 2006 - 07:43:04 CET

Original text of this message