Re: FoxPro vs. SQL

From: Chris Marsh <cmarsh_at_synergy-intl.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:38:05 -0500

Alex,

This post might be too late for you but I am the owner of a database company that began in VFP and now is in both VFP and SQL. It's a MASSIVE undertaking - far more expensive that you will even budget in your wildest dreams. MS will tell you lots of things work but depending on how you did your work in VFP then you might be looking for a tall building to jump from. The leap to SQL was good once we got there however getting there nearly killed us all. If you or your CEO would like to contact me directly I will be happy to give 10 - 15 minutes of advice.

Chris (cmarsh_at_synergy-intl.com)