From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2006 13:08:09 -0700

pamelafluente_at_libero.it wrote:
> Marshall ha scritto:
> > >

> Hi Marshall :) , Hmmm,

Buongiorno Pamela :-) Or as we say in the USA: "hey."

> T T F should evaluate to F
> T would be in contrast with NOR definition:
>

> "A predicate in logic equivalent to the composition
> NOT OR that yields false (F) if ANY condition is true,
> and true (T) if ALL conditions are false. "

You're still not getting the relationship between aggregate functions and binary functions. Until you understand this relationship this whole area is going to confuse you.

aggregate-NOR:
"duplication-sensitive"
defined as fold(NOT(OR)) = fold(NOR)
NOR: binary, not idempotent

n-ary NOR:
not "duplication sensitive"
defined as NOT(fold(OR))
OR: binary, idempotent

Note again the relationship between idempotence of the function being folded and the "duplication sensitivity" of the resulting aggregate.

Uh, ciao, I think it is.

Marshall Received on Tue Sep 19 2006 - 22:08:09 CEST

Original text of this message