Re: why hierarchy?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 18:45:45 -0700

> I think I need to see some English first and preferably
> some formal notation outside of dbd script which defines what dbd does,
> before I can understand the phrase 'dbd user represents a person', as
> well as the rest of the dbd syntax. I'll have to give up on that until
> I see something along those lines.

CREATE TABLE person (autoID, name);
INSERT INTO person (name) VALUES ("suzie");

Which of the below best describes the above?

RMDB user is creating Suzie (but user is not God). RMDB user is modelling Suzie (but no lipstick or high heels are involved).
RMDB user is representing Suzie (but not in Congress). RMDB user is storing Suzie (but she won't fit in the PC). RMDB user is storing data for Suzie (she can't do it herself). RMDB user is storing data about Suzie (her pockets are full). RMDB user is asserting a predicate about Suzie (sounds painful). RMDB user is recording a fact that is Suzie which has implicit meaning (user is doing something behind her back). RMDB user is inserting a tuple in a relation corresponding to Suzie (tuple and relation in their accepted mathematical sense). Received on Thu Jul 27 2006 - 20:45:45 CDT