Re: SQL for presentation

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 22:25:05 GMT

frebe73_at_gmail.com wrote:

>>>In web applications, the presentation - HTML - is a data structure.
>>
>>HTML is a markup language. I would hesitate to call it a
>>structure simply because it has a hierarchic tag scheme.
>
> Doesn't a xml document quailify as a data structure?

The structure--in the same sense as a relation is a structure or a pointer is a structure--for an XML document is a stream. Withing a stream as a physical medim, xml is more like a structure construction kit.

The hierarchic model was originally invented precisely for sequential streams. Received on Thu Jul 06 2006 - 00:25:05 CEST

Original text of this message