Re: SQL for presentation

From: <frebe73_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2006 16:20:38 -0700

> >> I see a

> >>If you are asking whether one could devise a relational schema to
> >>describe a document or user interface, the answer is obviously yes.
> >
> > If a relational schema could describe a html document, why couldn't a
> > declarative relational language be used to derive that document from
> > other data? Why do we have to use imperative languages to build a html
> > document?
>
> If one has a relational description of a document or user interface, why
> on earth would one bother with HTML?

Maybe I was not clear enough. I was talking about the relational schema as an alternative to HTML, but describing the same information. But the questions remains, suppose we had such schema, would a declarative relational language help us buildning the schema data, or would imperative languages still be the best solution?

/Fredrik Received on Thu Jul 06 2006 - 01:20:38 CEST

Original text of this message