Re: Bob's 'Self-aggrandizing ignorant' Count: Was: What databases have taught me

From: George <george99may_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Jun 2006 12:55:47 -0700

George wrote:
> Marshall wrote:
>
> > George wrote:

> > > Now you "don't recall claiming to have defined it", here's what you

> > > You say what you believe OO is and what it is not, that looks like an
> > > (informal) definition to me.
> >
> > As near as I can tell, you are the only one who thinks that with
> > the above paragraph, Bob was attempting to define OO.
> > Certainly I don't think that, and it is also clear Bob doesn't
> > think that.
> >

> > Marshall

I wrote :-

Marshall,

Try my description:
"The relational model comprises a collection of features useful for constructing large unpredictable state machines from small predictable state machines"

  1. Is that statement true of false?
  2. Is it a good descriptor?
  3. Should I be calling other people idiot on the strength of such a statement?

Marshall are you able to answer these questions? Of course anyone else should feel free to answer as well. Received on Thu Jun 29 2006 - 21:55:47 CEST

Original text of this message