Re: Bob's 'Self-aggrandizing ignorant' Count: Was: What databases have taught me

From: Adrian Alston <nothanks_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:09:20 GMT

"Bruno Desthuilliers" <onurb_at_xiludom.gro> wrote in message news:44a2b543$0$6509$626a54ce_at_news.free.fr...

> What bother me here is not about OO being born from needs for simulation
> - FWIW, at least part of Bob's assertion seems perfectly and obviously
> true:
>
> <quote>
> (OO) is a
> computational model comprising a collection of features useful for
> constructing large unpredictable state machines from small
> predictable state machines
> </quote>

Hi Bruno and all,

I have lots of C programming experience but I'm pretty new to OOP can you please help.

I can understand how objects are a sort of state machine but I thought OO programs should be predictable. What's this unpredictable bit about? I know about simulations but I write regular non-simulation apps. Ok the world around the program may be hard to predict but just how are my "OO" programs suppose to be unpredictable?

Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Jun 29 2006 - 00:09:20 CEST

Original text of this message