Re: OO solution?

From: erk <eric.kaun_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 11:35:17 -0700

kvnkrkptrck_at_gmail.com wrote:
> The only one who wasted time here, as far as I can tell, is a certain
> self-aggrandizing ignorant who is so single-mindedly focussed on
> showcasing his intellectual prowess at identifying trees that he
> actually revealed his ignorance of satirical prose by missing the
> forest.
>
> I mean, for crying out loud, didn't "Synchronizing the Viewers'
> Serializable ArrayLists of Documents" even give you a clue - even a
> moment of pause?

You had me too, you bastard, and I've been doing "Enterprise" Java for 6 years. Your parody is shockingly close to much of the O-O tutorials, books, articles, etc.

:-) Good one. But you're really very close to the sad truth in O-O land. On the app I'm working on now, instead of even collections, the developers have written code to traverse arrays in nested loops, looking for values in various attributes. Not even Maps.

Sigh.

  • erk