Re: Bob's 'Self-aggrandizing ignorant' Count: Was: What databases have taught me

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2006 21:15:34 -0700

george99may_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Keith H Duggar wrote:
> > Marshall wrote:
> > > What, you can't tell the insults from the content? Here's
> > > an idea: take some of Bob's posts, pull them in to your
> > > favorite text editor, and edit out the insults *and only*
> > > the insults.
> >
> > Fascinating. I actually found it more clear /with/ the
> > insult. Go figure. Maybe it helps to highlight points of
> > disagreement?
>
> Keith, I can't believe you're talking about "mature and considerate",
> Bob has insulted more people in these forums than just about everyone
> else put together, then you and that other great suck-up Marshall
> constantly praise him for it. You go out of your way to say so, yet if
> anyone has a mild rib at him you come running to the brute's defense!
> Wow, what kind of a brainless moron are you? Are you sane? Is Bob your
> cult leader or something? Or are you guys the only ones with a license
> to insult?

George,

If you're trying to convince people that insults are bad, doing so in a style that involves spewing diverse insults at a variety of people is not going to be effective. If insulting is bad, why are you doing it so much?

Marshall Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 06:15:34 CEST

Original text of this message