Re: What databases have taught me

From: Bruno Desthuilliers <onurb_at_xiludom.gro>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:00:35 +0200

Marshall wrote:
> Bob Badour wrote:

>>I think the focus on structure to the exclusion of manipulation is a

> And yet, people make that mistake again and again and again.
> The focus is on the easy part: structure.

But is that *really* the easy part ? Kind of *seems* easy, but... At least 80% of the complicated code I've ever seen came from a wrong structure. And it's obvious that if the structure had followed the processing needs, then the code would have been way much simpler (and better). As a matter of fact, whenever I find myself writing complicated code, I *know* there's something wrong.

bruno desthuilliers
python -c "print '_at_'.join(['.'.join([w[::-1] for w in p.split('.')]) for
p in 'onurb_at_xiludom.gro'.split('@')])"