Re: Fraud Number 3: U-Gene

From: Tony D <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net>
Date: 21 Jun 2006 04:57:20 -0700

Cimode wrote:
> > I think we are at cross purposes on the definition of variable here.
> > Variables come in (at least) two distinct kinds : the 3GL kind, which
> > is basically a name for an updateable bit of store, or the
> > mathematical/propositional logic place holder kind. So far, I've been
> > going on the basis that relvars are of the 3GL kind. Is this merely a
> > Tutorial D-ism ?

> Variable and values are defined at logical abstract level not at
> implementation language definition level.
> Defining variables at implementation level produces anything but
> confusion...

This is rapidly becoming circular. Can you accept that the term variable is used in two different ways, *whatever level of abstraction you may be talking about* ? Can you pin down, once and for all, which sense of the word variable you are using ? Clearly, Tutorial D uses the term "relvar" or "relation variable" in the sense of a 3GL kind of updateable variable. Are you using "relvar" in the sense of a mathematical, non-updateable variable ? Received on Wed Jun 21 2006 - 13:57:20 CEST

Original text of this message