Re: Fraud Number 3: U-Gene

From: Tony D <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net>
Date: 21 Jun 2006 03:12:32 -0700

Cimode wrote:

> > But an attribute is a variable in the sense that predicate calculus uses
> > 'variable' even if one cannot use imperative statements to change it.

> Again a variable be it an elementary relvar (attribute), is not
> varying. Variable is a value holder whith its content extracted from a
> domain (values) that vary over time. I have proved that point with an
> analogy and a question, Tony D has refuses to respond to because it
> constitutes a paradow to his definition that proves him wrong.

I think we are at cross purposes on the definition of variable here. Variables come in (at least) two distinct kinds : the 3GL kind, which is basically a name for an updateable bit of store, or the mathematical/propositional logic place holder kind. So far, I've been going on the basis that relvars are of the 3GL kind. Is this merely a Tutorial D-ism ?

I don't think there is any "paradow", or even paradox (which I assume you meant) here. Only a difference in definition. Received on Wed Jun 21 2006 - 12:12:32 CEST

Original text of this message