From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:50:48 -0400

On 2006-06-13 09:52:37 -0400, "erk" <eric.kaun_at_gmail.com> said:

> I don't think that's possible, since the power of a relational (or even
> SQL) DBMS is in the data definition, constraints, and manipulation it
> allows. Most database-aware applications end up duplicating at least
> part of all that in code.

It's certainly possible since all we are talking about is hiding the facilities behind and abstract interface. That abstraction need not remove any of the power or capability.

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com