Re: Example of expression bias?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2006 11:56:57 -0700

> > Is it possible to create a database on Lamda Calculus?
>
> ... theoretically yes. You probably wouldn't want to; you would probably attempt it using one of the syntactically sugared implementations of the typed lambda calculus.

What would be the disadvantage of using untyped lamda calculus? By syntactically sugared implementations of the typed lambda calculus, do you mean the likes of Common LISP?

> > Does one exist?
>
> Whilst it's difficult to be absolutely certain, I think 'no' is a reasonably safe answer. I'd be very happy to be proved wrong in this.

If one came along, what significant/distinguishing characteristic would it exhibit?

>> Would its interface language automatically be LISP-like instead of SQL-like?
>
> Not necessarily.

What should the inteface for such a db resemble in your opinion? Which existing product's interface comes closest? Received on Tue Jun 20 2006 - 13:56:57 CDT