From: x <x_at_not-exists.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:25:57 +0300

"phlip" <phlip2005_at_gEEEmail.com> wrote in message news:pan.2006.06.13.17.18.14.187681_at_gEEEmail.com...
> Marshall wrote:
>
> > I'm curious: do you have a definition of "behavior"? I hear this word a
> > lot and I'm not sure exactly what is intended. Is a method behavior? Is
> > class behavior? What about a function? Is behavior a transformation of
> > data? Wouldn't this make it a synonym for calculation?

> I use "behavior" to mean "anywhere in C++ that you can put a breakpoint".
> Structure is the places where you can't.

I remember I defined breakpoints in a debugger, not in C++. The language standard for C++ defined breakpoints by any chance ?

I also remember I can put a breakpoint on a boolean expression that is not a part of the application. Are such boolean expressions behavior ? What do you mean by structure ? "{" and "}" ? The place between the lines ?

Ah, the runtime path of a program, each place in the source file could have many breakpoints on it.
Then structure is image of a program in a file or something like that.

Have I guessed it right ? Received on Wed Jun 14 2006 - 02:25:57 CDT