From: Robert Martin <>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:29:26 +0200

On 2006-06-01 12:56:01 +0200, said:

> The big questing is: Why do you want to unplug the SQL DBMS?

I don't. Just like I don't want to disconnect my engine from my car. However, I want the car designed such that the engine can be disconnected.

I don't want to replace the DB, I just want it to be replaceable. This just makes for good modularity, and good testability. I do not want to sacrifice any of the power of the DB, I just want to place the code that uses that power in a place that the rest of the application is not directly aware of.

Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email:
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:
The Agile Transition Experts  | web:
800-338-6716                  |