From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:26:41 +0200

On 2006-06-02 09:10:50 +0200, "Marshall" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> said:

> You keep saying there are no arguments, but there have
> been plenty of substantial points made by the c.d.t. voices.
> It is easy to be distracted by insults when they start flying,
> and focus on them exclusively, but the presence of insults
> doesn't mean the absence of valid argument.

Let me be precise. What I have seen is no attempt to understand my argument. Instead my argument has been dismissed on the surface of it, and that dismissal was made loudly by assertion, and followed with insults.

If a salient point was made in all the fracas, then you are right, I missed it. I did take note of various arguments talking about relational calculus and data integrity, etc. But nothing that got below the surface and showed an understanding of what I was talking about.

We have a different vocabulary, and a different mindset in these two groups. Not only are the words different, but so are the concepts. So when one person says something that makes complete sense to him, it is sensless to someone on the other side. What we need to do is calm down and actually communicate about these ideas instead of letting slip the dogs of war.

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com